SQL DBA For Beginners
What Will I Learn?
- Backup and Restore Databases
- Write basic T-SQL Queries
- Identify Server Objects
- Setup Performance Monitoring
- Automate Tasks
- Identify instances of SQL Server
- Browser and internet access
Databases are everywhere and the demand for database administrator has increased.
The role of a database administrator includes backing up database for safety and having the skills to restore the database if required.
This SQL DBA beginners course will teach you the basic functions that DBA’s has to perform.In this course you will not have to install any software as we will be using a ready made virtual lab environment provided my Microsoft.
The virtual labs is ideal because it is free and gives you an environment that mirrors a real world production SQL Server environment. I strongly urge you to take advantage of this opportunity as I do not know how long Microsoft will have these virtual labs available for. All you require to access the virtual labs is a web browser . It does not matter if you are using a mac , Pc or Linux and there is absolutely nothing for you to install. The lab exercise you will perform in this course using the virtual labs are similar to a real world SQL Server production environment.
What you will learn in this course includes:
- How to use Virtual Labs
- T-SQL quick Guide
- Importing and Exporting Data
- How to use Activity monitor
- How to use Performance monitor
- How to backup database
- How to restore database
- How to monitor database
- How to improve performance
- How to authenticate users and groups
- How to set up Permissions
- How to setup Auditing
I look forward to seeing you on the course.
Who is the target audience?
- Anyone with basic Database and T-SQL Knowledge
- Not suitable for advanced database users
No Reviews found for this course.