Do you really want to make it through digital/social media marketing, this post will really blow your mind. Millions of people already share this post to reach maximum umber.
Lets begin from here.
Social media is one of the most popular places where entrepreneur, business pro and business beginners co-habitat. It’s a forum of drop and circulates. Here, information goes to the highest audience in less than no time. Social media is another environment in the internet world. I am writing this post to help beginners learn some strategies on how to use social media to make money. It’s not for beginners alone but for others who have passions in promoting their business on the social media. There are more money-making opportunities on social media than you might realize. Social media, in fact, can be quite lucrative.
What is Social Media?
Many at times, we don’t fully understand what the name “social media” means. Social media refers to the means whereby “people” from dict, thereby creating, sharing, and/or exchanging information and ideas in virtual communities and networks. Such communities include Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube and Vimeo, just to mention but few.
Many experts say that social media is for connecting with people, and not for selling, but at some point, you’re going to want to leverage the connections you create. If you’ve built up enough trust with your followers, they’ll be more inclined to check out your recommendations and the links you share.
What is marketing?
Marketing in its simple term involves the relationship between people and their products and services. The “people” include ‘you’ and your ‘. Communicating the value of your product or service is a key aspect of marketing.
In this post, social means the gathering of people and their ideas, products and services. The qualities you give to your product determine the market value of those products. People connect to you based on what kind of idea and product you have and the value you place that product.
There are many key principles deployed by several social media managers to gainfully achieve the goals of the social media marketing. Such includes;
- Social media is about conversations, community, connecting with the audience and building relationships. It is not just a broadcast channel or a sales and marketing tool.
- Authenticity, honesty and open dialogue are key.
- Social media not only allows you to hear what people say about you, but enables you to respond. Listen first, speak second.
- Be compelling, useful, relevant and engaging. Don’t be afraid to try new things, but think through your efforts before kicking them off.
Popular Social Media Marketing Tools and Platforms:
- Blogs: A platform for casual dialogue and discussions on a specific topic or opinion.
- Facebook: Users create a personal profile, add other users as friends, and exchange messages, including status updates. Brands create pages and Facebook users can “like” brands’ pages. On facebook, business pro connect to business to their clients.
- Twitter: A social networking/micro-blogging platform that allows groups and individuals to stay connected through the exchange of short status messages (140 character limit).
- YouTube & Vimeo: Video hosting and watching websites.
- Flickr: An image and video hosting website and online community. Photos can be shared on Facebook and Twitter and other social networking sites.
- Instagram: A free photo and video sharing app that allows users to apply digital filters, frames and special effects to their photos and then share them on a variety of social networking sites.
- Snapchat: A mobile app that lets users send photos and videos to friends or to their “story.” Snaps disappear after viewing or after 24 hours.
- LinkedIn Groups: A place where groups of professionals with similar areas of interest can share information and participate in a conversation.
Social Media:The Best Platform for Marketing
Some of the important factors to consider in making money social media marketing includes the following;
Affiliating with other existing companies who already have their products is one of the best opportunities to start making money on the internet. Here you promote a company product and earn commissions. Some companies like Amazon, Konga, Jumia, etc allow affiliation.
Next, instead of spamming links on Twitter and hoping for the best, keep in mind that the most honest and effective way of promoting affiliate products is through reviews. If you personally use a product and like it, and know that your followers serve to benefit from it, then write a long-form review on your blog, and share why you like the product. Don’t be afraid to talk about what you like and don’t like about it. You can even use video if that’s more your style.
Also make sure to disclose your affiliate relationships. This is a legal requirement in most cases, but it’s also “best practice.” Your readers or viewers will appreciate your honesty.
Create and Promote Your Own Products.
If you already have a blog, and you’ve demonstrated your expertise on a specific subject over a period of time, there may be an opportunity to create an ebook, audio program or video course and sell it to your audience. Social media is the perfect place to promote such a product.
Platforms like Gumroad, Sellfy and Amazon’s KDP program make it easy for you to publish and sell your PDF, MP3 or video file at a price of your choosing — keeping in mind that all platforms do take a cut, even if it’s small.
As with anything, quality is key to creating something people not only want to read, but will pay to read. If you take extra care in creating great information, designing and promoting it well, you will definitely see more sales.
Share and Promote Other Products and Services.
Some companies are looking forward to promote their businesses on a platform that clients has many followers. Target is to get their products reach as many customers as possible. This an opportunity for you to share sponsored posts that promote the products and services of other businesses. This is a very direct way of earning money from social media.
But, if you don’t have sizable followers, this may not be much of an opportunity. You also have to also note that over-promoting products for want of money, because if your followers see that you’re constantly tweeting about one product or another, not only will they not click on the links, they will also un-follow you.
It’s important to mix things up. It’s wise to take the time to craft a proper social media posting schedule, to make sure you’re adding value to your followers while promoting products. Calls to action should definitely be a part of your social media strategy, but every post can’t be a call to action.
Use visual media to promote your crafts.
Some visual media platform like instagram and pinterest are best to showcase your products. If you tend to create handmade crafts, art pieces, or even articles of clothing and knitting, there may be an opportunity to showcase your products on social media. Facebook, Twitter and Google+ are also great channels for sharing visual media.
Building a popular YouTube channel can be a lot of work. But if you already have a following, or you’re determined to build your audience, joining the YouTube Partner Program to make money on advertising might be a path worth exploring.
There are prominent YouTube content creators who have made substantial amounts of money with this program, but they are the exception rather than the rule. It would take a lot of time, strategy and sheer luck to make money on YouTube. However, this is a good thing to keep in mind with advertising in general. Unless you’re already getting a lot of views and clicks, you’re not going to make a lot of money on them.